East Midlands Clay Sports is your only destination for clay shooting in Leicestershire.
For over 20 years we have hosted clay shooting in Leicestershire with shooting lessons, days out as well as packages for stag and hen do’s plus corporate days to help your team to bond.
Clay pigeon shooting in Leicestershire is also a great bit of competition between family and friends and could provide that adrenaline boost you’ve been craving.
If you’d like to give someone the gift of clay shooting, we also offer gift vouchers, which can suit first-timers or experienced shooters.
First class clay shooting in Leicestershire facilities
If you’ve never taken part in clay pigeon shooting before that’s no problem; we have plenty of first-timers visit us every week and leave feeling comfortable and confident thanks to our experienced instructors.
Here at East Midlands Clay Sports we also have numerous disciplines, 2 Skeet ranges, an ABT range, various sporting stands and Compak.
You can take in our stunning surroundings in Sawley, which is situated between Nottingham and Derby, making it an easy commute from Leicestershire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire or anywhere else in the Midlands you may be travelling from.
All of the equipment you require will be provided on arrival, meaning you can focus on enjoying your day of clay pigeon shooting in Leicestershire. All our visitors are required to follow our basic Ground Roles, you can read them here.
Planning on visiting us again? You can save money on regular clay shooting in Leicestershire with a membership at East Midlands Clay Sports.
First Timer Tips for Clay Pigeon Shooting in Leicestershire
If you’ve never tried clay pigeon shooting before, here are 9 useful tips for you to follow
1. Ear Protection – Rifles are extremely loud (especially when close up) so using high-quality hearing protection is essential. Luckily East Midlands Clay Sports can provide this for you and your group.
2. Eye Protection – It’s equally important to protect your eyes as well as ears from any material, recoil hazards or flying clay debris.
3. Don’t Drink Before Shooting – East Midlands Clay Sports is a very popular destination for birthdays, stags and hen parties but we would strongly recommend not drinking any alcohol before shooting. Alcohol slows your reactions down and judgement and will put yourself and others at risk.
4. Never Point a Gun at Someone Else – Even if your gun isn’t loaded don’t point it at another person under any circumstances. Accidents can happen but these can be prevented with sensible behaviour.
5. Only Point Your Gun at the Target – Only point your gun at your clay pigeon targets and keep it pointed downrange when not being used.
6. Break Your Gun When Walking or Talking – Whether you’re taking a break, talking to someone or walking; break your gun so you won’t shoot your rifle accidentally.
7. Only Load Your Gun When You Want to Use – Leaving a loaded gun around is dangerous so only load it when you’re ready to use it.
8. Treat Your Gun as If It’s Always Loaded – Treat your gun with respect at all times; just remember you’re carrying a live weapon.
9. Pack Decent Footwear – Sturdy footwear will reduce any slips and trips that may occur in our stunning surroundings in Sawley, which is easy to get to from Leicestershire.
Find out more about clay shooting in Leicestershire
Our opening times are listed below, but if you would like to know more about clay pigeon shooting in Leicestershire get in touch and speak to one of our friendly and knowledgeable team who will be able to answer all of your questions.
Saturday 9:30 – 14:00
Sunday 9:30 – 14:00
Wednesday 9:30 – 16:00