Clay Pigeon Shooting Can Benefit Your Health
Regardless of the time of year, we should always take advantage of the outdoors with clay pigeon shooting being one of the most innovative ways to do this.
We are sure you will agree that most of us feel generally more positive when the sun is shining because we can spend more time outside. There is a range of benefits to getting more fresh air; as it can help you destress and improves both your physical and mental wellbeing.
Here at East Midlands Clay Sports, we can offer one of the most stunning locations to try something new this year whilst taking in our green surroundings in Sawley, Nottingham.
For our latest blog, we are going to share six benefits of getting more fresh air at our shooting grounds.
Six Ways Fresh Air Helps Your Body
1. Improves your Digestive System – Fresh air increases your oxygen flow which helps you to digest food more effectively, which will particularly help if you are trying to lose weight.
2. Improve Heart Rate and Blood Pressure – We would recommend avoiding polluted environments to improve your blood pressure. Staying away from busy traffic too, as your body will need to work harder to get the amount of oxygen needed over polluted car fumes.
3. Be Happier – The more fresh air you get, the more oxygen you will breathe, which in turn increases the amount of serotonin (the happy hormone) you inhale, which consequently makes you happier.
4. Strengthen Your Immune System – As previously mentioned, more fresh air produces more oxygen, which helps our white blood cells to function properly. White blood cells fight and kill bacteria and germs.
5. Clean Your Lungs – Your lungs dilate more with an increased amount of oxygen from being outdoors more which helps to cleanse your lungs. Your body releases airborne toxins when exhaling through your lungs.
6. More Energy and a Sharper Mind – You may have noticed that following a long spell outside, you come back indoors feeling brighter and more motivated. The increased amount of oxygen brought on by physical activity outdoors helps the brain to function better plus it improves your concentration skills and gives you more energy.
Additionally, outdoor ventures (such as clay pigeon shooting sessions) help you to produce more vitamin D from the sun which helps bodily functions such as your immune system, bone strength, teeth plus much more.
Get Outdoors with a Shooting Session at East Midlands Clay Sports
We could not think of a better way to spend a few hours outdoors than trying clay pigeon shooting at East Midlands Clay Sports. Even if you have never tried shooting before, our experienced instructors can guide you through from being a novice to expert in no time!
If you would like to know more about booking a session at East Midlands Clay Sports, please contact us today.